Friday, May 20, 2011

So, The Day Went Like This; And I Quote:

On Waking: "I have a "carpe diem" mug and, truthfully, at six in the morning the words do not make me want to seize the day. They make me want to slap a dead poet." ~Joanne Sherman.
I slapped the snooze instead.


On Driving: "I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups." ~Rita Rudner.

However, it is much easier to eat your breakfast
and drink coffee while driving than while
running, so clearly I won!




On Work:
"Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself." ~Elbert Hubbard.

Close enough...

On Lunch: "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." ~ Douglas Adams.

Recess is over already?


On Afternoons:
“It's an ill plan that cannot be changed." ~ Latin Proverb.

Damn it! Pencil, pencil, pencil.
Always write it in pencil.


On Second Thought:
“If you don't design your own life plan, Chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much"
~ Jim Rohn.

I need more than not much; I'm greedy that way.


Onward:
"I really want to play Princess Leia. Stick some big pastries on my head. Now that would be interesting." ~ Ewan McGregor.

Alas, somebody has to be backstage...,
but next time we all get pasties - er,
I mean pastries, right?



On the Money:
"Payday came and with it beer." ~Rudyard Kipling.

You can either have a six pack, or drink a six pack.
Guess which way I'm going tonight?



On My Pillow: "Three meals plus bedtime make four sure blessings a day." ~ Mason Cooley.

Did I mention the beer? That makes it five.
Oh, and don't forget the Nutella; that is six...
and seven... and eight...
- oh hell goodnight already.





1 comment:

Tia Bach said...

Love the way you used quotes woven with your own thoughts! My fave was slapping a dead poet. Thanks for sharing!