Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Bed is Vibrating

Yep, you read that right and you're probably wondering whether or not you should keep reading. Whether this is a 'family' show kind of blog, or one of those other blogs - the kind you read when no one's looking. What? You don't know what I'm talking about? Then either do I - I have no idea what those would be. Really okay?

You're safe because this is the former. So family friendly in fact that the reason my bed is vibrating is because my son is bouncing up and down on it, while asking me if I'm done writing my blog yet. To which I had to say no. Because in spite of the fact that he made a sign and hung it on my robe on the bedpost, I've been sitting here in bed, laptop at the ready - waiting for an idea. La di da di da... waiting and waiting.

While I waited, I clicked through a number of cable channels deciding that I must have the Malibu Pilates Chair and the exercise DVDs. I also must have the Genie Bra and the Zumba Fitness DVDs with the little hand-held shaker stick thingies. Then, because I never buy anything without researching it further, I popped on to Amazon and started searching exercise DVDs. Did I mention I was sitting on my a$$ in bed while doing all this?

On Amazon I found lots and lots of things I absolutely and positively must have! Like, the above Pilates chair, several fun and inspiring dance instructional DVDs, a couple of e-books and ooh, I really want that Zumba Wii game - really, really want that. Relax honey (aka my husband) if you're reading this; I did not purchase anything because your son saved the day.

Now, my son is waiting patiently for me to finish my "work" (aka - writing this blog today). He's sitting here beside me now, reading the comics, watching the Cooking Channel's Food(ography), and reading over my shoulder making color commentary as I write. The bed is still sort of vibrating because he's a kid and rarely sits completely still.

I'm done now. Ooh wait; I just saw an ad for a Tempur-Pedic bed! Hmm. Even though mama can dance, there are times I like to sit on my fanny and I think having my weight equally distributed, for once in my life, sounds like a good thing.

I wonder if Amazon sells Tempur-Pedics?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I can so relate. Fun post.