Saturday, May 28, 2011

And Now, for a Zen Moment...

Phew! Phase one of birthday party is a wrap. The whole martial arts/Asian fusion/sushi/samurai event went as well as can be expected when you have a bunch of nine-12 year-olds running around with plastic swords. Phase two is underway for the boy contingent of the party - Kung Fu Panda 2 and a sleepover.


So, this is the calm before the second storm. I'm taking a moment to put away food, clean up and blog before midnight. Even though I know the boys will probably still be awake at that time, I hope to head off to dreamland a wee bit earlier. This party mama is P-O-O-P-E-D. I'll take a couple of deep breaths outside as I gaze at our shrine and then pop a little sweet 'sushi' in my mouth to stoke my fire and keep it burning through the evening.

However, nothing stokes me quite like this little guy; a peaceful moment amid the celebration that is the reason my husband and I do all of this. True love baby, true, deep, abiding and unconditional love of this little ninja with a heart of gold. Happy Birthday baby!

No comments: