Monday, May 09, 2011

I Am The Warrior - Oh Yea

On my birthday I would never turn down a heartfelt wish, a hug, a smile, a laugh, a dance, or a walk for a mile. A cup of coffee, a compliment, a kiss, a note, a card, a flower, a lift, a foot rub, a call, a joke, advice, a wink, a nod, a talk, a friend. A need, a desire, a wrong path, a certain look, warm bread and jam, a well-loved book, a raised glass, a slap on the ass, a tear, a jump in the lake, and most definitely I would never turn down any kind of cake.

On my birthday I turn it all up, so the next year I begin, not just a little older, but a little bit higher on life than I was the year before. Turning up for life instead of giving up on it.

Because, as Joseph Campbell said, "The warrior's approach is to say 'yes' to life: 'yea' to it all."

I am the warrior.


1 comment:

reallyrashida said...

From one warrior to another, Happy Birthday! Hope your day is full of fun!